DCL stands for Data Classification Level. These levels are used to determine what security is required to protect the data. Please see the campus definitions for more information including examples of what falls into each category.
Workstation Requirements (desktops & laptops)
Mobile Device Requirements (phones & tablets)
- Keep portable devices physically secure.
- Lock your screen/device when not in use.
- When connecting to your campus network or campus resources, use VPN or other secure remote access services as deemed appropriate by your campus IT department.
- Do not share your password with anyone and do not use your University password on non-University web sites or other accounts.
- Make sure your device is disposed of properly. For University-owned devices, give your aged device to your IT support staff. For personal devices, make sure they are wiped before disposal.
- Do not disable the firewall or antivirus.
- Use mapped network drives or collaboration applications provided by your campus to store work files rather than storing files exclusively on your workstation (protects against device failure).
- Do not join unsecure wireless networks when working or, if you must use such networks, use VPN or other secure remote access services.
- Report the loss or theft of a device, regardless of ownership, to your campus police department, your IT support person and to your campus Information Security Office.
Cloud Computing – Frequently Asked Questions