At CAFNR, we are always here to help, and helping you figure out how to pay for your college education is no exception! The College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources offers one of the strongest scholarship programs at Mizzou.
CAFNR scholarships are offered to residents of Missouri as the majority of our scholarship endowments are restricted by our donors to Missouri residents. Learn how to get residency.
Each year CAFNR awards more than $1.5 million in scholarships. This includes Study Abroad scholarships, Undergraduate Research Internship scholarships, and awards offered by specific CAFNR academic divisions/majors. Awards can range from $1,000 to $3,500 annually.
How to Apply for CAFNR Scholarships
Deadline: Dec. 1 for entering freshmen; Jan. 7 for continuing and transfer students. PLEASE check the MU Financial Aid web page for up-to-date deadline information, including the FAFSA deadline.
- Make sure you select CAFNR (College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources) as your academic unit in Scholarship Universe.
- You must complete the CAFNR General Application AY 2024-25 in Scholarship Universe to be considered for CAFNR scholarships in academic year 2024-25.
- Even if you receive a CAFNR scholarship based on your status with the University as a Curators or Chancellors; you MUST complete the CAFNR General Application AY 2024-25 in Scholarship Universe to receive your CAFNR Scholarship for academic year 2024-25.
- If you have any issues/questions with Scholarship Universe, contact MU Financial Aid.
Entering freshmen who qualify for the MU Curators Scholar Award and enroll as a CAFNR student (by Jan. 1) are eligible to receive a $1,000 CAFNR scholarship, renewable for up to three years, if they complete the CAFNR General Scholarship Application (AY 2024-25) in Scholarship Universe by the Dec. 1 deadline.
Entering freshmen who qualify for the MU Chancellor’s Award and enroll as a CAFNR student (by Jan. 1) are eligible to receive a $1,000 CAFNR scholarship, renewable for up to three years, if they complete the CAFNR General Scholarship Application (AY 2024-25) in Scholarship Universe by the Dec. 1 deadline.
To be eligible for consideration for all MU and CAFNR scholarships, entering freshmen must:
- Apply for admission to MU.
- Submit the CAFNR General Application AY 2024-25 in Scholarship Universe by Dec. 1.
The CAFNR General Application AY 2024-25 found in Scholarship Universe qualifies students for almost all CAFNR scholarships. However, the Curators Interscholastic Events Scholarship (for current FFA members who are incoming CAFNR freshmen) requires a separate application. The application deadline is May 1, 2024.
To qualify for the Curators Interscholastic Events Scholarship, high school students must meet the following requirements:
- Earned the State FFA Degree
- Received high individual ratings in state agriculture, food and natural resources Career Development Events and/or state FFA Leadership Development Events
- Rank in the upper third of their graduating class
Transfer and Continuing Students
Continuing and transfer students must submit the CAFNR General Application AY 2024-25 via Scholarship Universe by the annual deadline to be eligible for consideration.
CAFNR Student Loan Program
CAFNR offers an in-house student loan program. Available only to CAFNR students, this program provides additional financial support.
Loans made through the program have a maximum repayment period of seven years; interest rates vary. These loans are subsidized while you are enrolled, meaning no interest accrues until after you graduate or until your enrollment drops below half-time status.
For more information on the CAFNR Student Loan Program, contact the CAFNR Academic Programs Office at 573-882-8301.
For more information about financial aid, visit the MU Student Financial Aid website.