The CAFNR Safety and Heath Committee’s Safety Leadership Award recognizes a CAFNR faculty or staff member who has made a considerable contribution to improving college safety on the University of Missouri campus. Such contributions can be defined as but are not limited to actions taken to prevent injury or illness, outstanding response and cooperation given to resolve unsafe conditions, consistent improvement during laboratory inspections, or any other consistent and proactive demonstration of efforts in support of a positive safety culture.
- Members of the CAFNR Safety and Health Committee are not eligible for the award during their tenure on the council. A list of the current safety and health committee members can be found on the Safety and Health Committee webpage.
Nominations & Submissions
Annual Deadline: March 1
Submit nominations in a single PDF attachment via email to Matt Fleming at FlemingMC@missouri.edu. Name the file as: Year_SafetyAward_LastFirstName (e.g., 2023_SafetyAward_TigerTruman). In the email subject line indicate Safety Leadership Award Nomination.
- Use 12 pt. font, 1” margins, and single space within paragraphs.
- No longer than 2 full pages in length.
Nomination packets must include the following.
Nomination letter providing examples of the nominee’s excellence in the area(s) of:
- New or innovative methods for the implementation of safety.
- Excellence in safety program implementation.
- Demonstrated improvement in a safety program.
- Personal leadership in safety.
- Consistent safety performance over time.
You may include additional nominee contributions and achievements the selection committee should consider.
Please contact Matt Fleming at 573-882-4484 with any questions.