Point of Pride
of parks, recreation and sport graduates are employed or continuing education within six months of graduation since 2018
The field of parks, recreation, sport and tourism is a multibillion dollar industry. The global market is expanding for professionals in the areas of sport business, sport marketing, game day operations, community recreation, park operations and management and tourism development.
- Game Day Operations
- Tourism and Convention Bureaus
- Athletic Compliance
- Sports Marketing/Communications
- Parks and Recreation Administration
CLASSES YOU MIGHT TAKE
- Leadership & Personnel Management
- Parks, Health & Wellness
- Business of Sport & Recreation
- Ethics & Diversity
- Program & Event Development
- Four-year plan for Emphasis in Natural Resource Recreation Management
- Four-year plan for Emphasis in Recreation Administration
- Four-year plan for Emphasis in Sport Management
- Four-year plan for Emphasis in Tourism Development
Parks, recreation, sport and tourism students can explore career opportunities through various industry tour opportunities throughout the year. Exploring farther from home is also encouraged, as CAFNR offers a sport management study abroad program affiliated with the University of Barcelona in Spain.
INTERNSHIPS & EMPLOYMENT
Rawlings Sporting Goods • Kansas City Royals • Gateway PGA • Arizona Coyotes • Atlanta Braves • St. Louis Cardinals • Indianapolis Colts • Anheuser-Busch • Big Cedar Lodge • Big Ticket Sports • Houston Astros • Dallas Mavericks • Milwaukee Bucks • Ballparks of America • Chicago Blackhawks • Detroit Lions
Learn more about our nationally accredited program.
ACCELERATED BS TO MS
The accelerated BS in parks, recreation, sport and tourism to MS in natural resources emphasis in parks, recreation, sport and tourism option will allow students to earn a bachelors and masters degree within five years. Visit catalog.missouri.edu for details.