Forms and Requirements

Academic Standing

  • On probation (registration hold): Have your advisor email to indicate you have met and discussed your academic performance.  Staff in the Office of Academic Programs will remove the student’s registration hold.
  • Enrolling in more than 18 hours: Have your advisor send approval for the course(s) to be added via email to Make sure you are copied on the email.
  • Changing grading options (from A-F to S/U): Have your advisor send approval for the specific course via email to Make sure you are copied on the email.
  • Add/Drop & Withdrawal Forms. These are submitted to the University Registrar. Please indicate CAFNR Advisors as your unit.

Turn in your official course program for graduation (grad plan) to verify you are meeting all the requirements for a BS degree.

Once you have 75 hours, a “hold” will be placed on your registration, preventing you from future enrollment until you submit the program to the associate dean for approval.

Both the grad plan and grad plan change forms need to be approved by your academic advisor and advisor chair. Either electronic signatures OR approval email chains are acceptable.

Please send all documentation and approvals to Once these forms are reviewed, you’ll get a confirmation email with the document attached.

Changes: If you take courses other than those listed on your program for graduation, submit a graduation change form.

Programs should be kept up-to-date. Do not wait until the last semester to make changes.

Email with any questions.

Graduation Ceremonies

Visit Mizzou Commencement for up-to-date campus details.

Dismissal Appeals

Students have the right to appeal to an academic unit following their first academic dismissal. To appeal to a CAFNR major, students must submit the CAFNR Academic Appeal Form no later than the deadlines listed in the form. To appeal to another academic unit, students can review their options and appeal instructions on MU Advising.

Transfer of Division Appeals

Students who intend on changing their major to a CAFNR program must have a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA. Students who do not meet this requirement, but are not academically dismissed, should email with their name, student ID number, and which major they hope to declare in CAFNR. From there, a staff member will work with the student on next steps.