A degree from CAFNR impacts your future and career, as well as the core components of society — helping to feed the world and keep it healthy. Learn about the CAFNR Experience.
Each of the 14 degree programs in the MU College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources impacts the largest industries in the region and addresses the most significant challenges in our world today, including:
- Agricultural policy and economics
- Tourism and hospitality
- Food nutrition, production, processing and safety
- Environmental sustainability
- Animal and human health
Ready to Apply?
FreshmenNeed to Transfer Credits?
The College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources offers one of the strongest scholarship programs at MU. Each year CAFNR awards more than $1.5 million in scholarships. The MU scholarship application qualifies students for nearly all CAFNR scholarships — no separate application needed.
More About CAFNR
A Career Services office just for our CAFNR students means we recognize career development as a lifelong process and are committed to helping you think about your future and work to make that future a reality. Eighty-five percent of our CAFNR students are employed in a field directly related to their degree program after graduation. We offer a Student Development Plan app, customized for CAFNR students to ensure academic and career preparedness.
RISE and Signature Experiences
Enhance your time in college and go beyond the classroom! We encourage all our students to take part in one or more signature experiences as defined by RISE: Research, International – Study Abroad, Service Learning and Experiential Learning. Read about CAFNR students’ signature experiences.
International – Study Abroad
- Specialized study abroad programs
- Programs such as Litton Leadership Scholars
- 40+ CAFNR clubs and organizations
- Hands-on learning experiences, including
A signature experience will help you stand out when you graduate. Undergrad research differentiates you if you apply to vet school or graduate school. Internships matter when you apply for a job. Getting involved with a student org can make college fun! Read about how CAFNR students succeed. Hear more about CAFNR from our CAFNR Ambassadors.
Note to Parents
From Mizzou’s Office of Parent Relations: Your student’s health and safety are extremely important to us. You can learn more about Mizzou’s services online:
- The Student Health Center site explains health fee coverage and health insurance coverage.
- The MU Counseling Center offers individual and group counseling, as well as additional services.
- In the case of an emergency, the MU Alert emergency information center will post news and updates.
- The University of Missouri Police Department makes the Campus Safety and Crime Report available online.
- The Office of Institutional Equity investigates reports of sex-based discrimination, including sexual harassment and assault, which may be reported online, by email, in phone or in person.