- Juris Doctor, 2009, Yale Law School, New Haven, Connecticut
- Master of Science in Water Science, Policy, and Management, 2005, The University of Oxford (Rhodes Scholar), Oxford, United Kingdom
- Bachelor of Science in Geology, 2004, The University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee
- Environmental law and policy
- Environmental justice
- Natural resources law and policy
- Energy law and regulation
- Transportation law and regulation
- Federal Indian law
- Global environmental governance
- Sustainable infrastructure finance and development
Rotman is an attorney focusing on energy, environmental, and natural resource issues. She brings a decade of practical experience to her new role as Assistant Professor, having served as Assistant General Counsel of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources and as an attorney in private practice in Washington DC. She previously taught environmental law at Georgetown as an Adjunct Professor and has a passion for teaching, research, and outreach.
- Environmental Law, Policy, and Justice
- Land Conservation Law and Policy
- Sustainable Energy and Environmental Infrastructure
- Global Conflict and Cooperation over Natural Resources
- McBride, M. and Rotman, R. The US Nuclear Waste Impasse. Nuclear Engineering International. April 2018.
- Contributing author, American Gas Association FERC Manual: A Guide for Local Distribution Companies (2016-17 Edition).
- Rotman, R. 2016. Incentivizing Private Investment in Water and Sanitation Infrastructure. Global Water Forum – An Online Journal of UNESCO. December 19, 2016.
- Rotman, R. 2016. Water Markets and Impact Investment Help Address Global Water Scarcity. Global Water Forum – An Online Journal of UNESCO. September 19, 2016.
- Curry, J. and Rotman, R. PHMSA Issues Final Rule on Enhanced Tank Car Standards and Rail Operational Controls for Flammable Liquid Transport. Van Ness Feldman client alert. May 8, 2015.
- Rotman, R. and Bishop, F., 2015. The Keystone XL Pipeline: Fueling the Debate Over Presidential Permit Authority. Trends – ABA Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources Newsletter, vol. 46, issue 4, pp. 1-3.
- Art, A. and Rotman, R. FERC NOPR Proposes to Reduce Open Access Regulation of Generator Lead Lines. Van Ness Feldman client alert. May 21, 2014.
- Rotman, R., Naylor, L., McDonnell, R., and MacNiocaill, C., 2008. Sediment Transport on the Freiston Shore Managed Realignment Site: An Investigation Using Environmental Magnetism. Geomorphology, vol. 100, pp. 241-255.
- Nicklasson, T. and Rotman, R., 2006. Market Profile: Making Sense of the Millennium Development Goals. Global Water Intelligence, vol. 7, issue 4, pp. 19-22.