- PhD, 2010, Texas A&M University
- Fish feeding ecology and habitat use
- Aquatic food webs
- Environmental change effects on fish assemblages and populations
- Tropical fisheries conservation
Pease is a fish ecologist with a research program intended to improve understanding of environmental change impacts and to support conservation of river and stream ecosystems. She strives to address fundamental ecological questions regarding how fish communities and aquatic food webs are structured, altered, and restored. She seeks productive collaborations with natural resource agencies as well as opportunities for international research.
- Fisheries Management
- Pease, A.A., J.E. Pease, P.T. Bean, and T.B. Grabowski. 2022. Endemic Guadalupe bass Micropterus treculii are supported by isotopically distinct resources in tributary versus mainstem river food webs. River Research and Applications (In press, DOI:10.1002/rra.4015)
- Pease, A.A., and K.D. Delaune. 2021. Dried and salted: cumulative impacts of diminished flows and salinization on Lower Pecos River food webs. Proceedings of the Desert Fishes Council Special Publication 2021:2-19.
- Acre, M.R., T.B. Grabowski, D.J. Leavitt, N.G. Smith, A. Pease, and J.E. Pease. 2021. Blue sucker (Cycleptus elongatus Lesueur 1817) movement and habitat use in a regulated Texas River: implications for conservation and restoration. Environmental Biology of Fishes 104:501–516.
- Miyazono, S., A. Pease, S.R. Fritts, and T.B. Grabowski. 2020. Ontogenetic shifts in mesohabitat use of young-of-year Rio Grande blue sucker in the Big Bend region of the Rio Grande. Environmental Biology of Fishes 103:1471–1480.
- Pease, A.A., M. Soria-Barreto, A. Gonzáles-Díaz, and R. Rodiles-Hernández. 2020. Seasonal variation in trophic diversity and relative importance of basal resources supporting tropical river fish assemblages in Chiapas, México. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 149:753–769.
- Arbour, J., C. Montaña, K.O. Winemiller, A. Pease, M. Soria-Barreto, J. Cochran-Biederman, and H. López-Fernández. 2020. Macroevolutionary analyses indicate repeated adaptive shifts towards predatory diets affect functional diversity in Neotropical cichlids. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 129:844-861.
- Pease, A.A., K.A. Capps, R. Rodiles-Hernández, M.M. Castillo, M. Mendoza-Carranza, M. Soria-Barreto, and A. Gonzáles-Díaz. 2019. Trophic structure of fish assemblages varies across a Mesoamerican river network with contrasting climate and flow conditions. Food Webs 16:e00113.
- Gilbert, M.D., and A. Pease. 2019. Use of fragmented reservoir habitats by larval fish assemblages across years with contrasting hydrological conditions. Environmental Biology of Fishes 102:857-871.
- Pease, J.E., T.B. Grabowski, A. Pease, and P.T. Bean. 2018. Changing environmental gradients over forty years alter ecomorphological variation in Guadalupe Bass Micropterus treculii throughout a river basin. Ecology and Evolution 8:8508-8522.
- Pease, A.A., M. Mendoza-Carranza, and K.O. Winemiller. 2018. Feeding ecology and ecomorphology of cichlid assemblages in a large Mesoamerican river delta. Environmental Biology of Fishes 101:867-879.
- Capps, K.A., M.M. Castillo, A. Pease, A. Jarquín-Sánchez, and R. Rodiles-Hernández. 2017. Tourism, wastewater, and freshwater conservation in Palenque National Park, Mexico. Southwestern Naturalist 62:220-225.
- East, J.L., C. Wilcut, and A. Pease. 2017. Variation in aquatic food-web structure across the longitudinal gradient of a salinized dryland river. Freshwater Biology 62:681-694.