Division of Applied Social Sciences
Research at a glance
Area(s) of Expertise
Environmental economics, Analysis of policy transaction costs, Adoption of best management practices and Behavioral Economics and the Environment.
My research agenda addresses the general area of natural resource management and policy. More specifically, I analyze and measure the transaction costs of agri-environmental policies. I also work in the area of adoption of best management practices relating to water quality in agricultural and urban settings Current research applies insights from behavioral economics to adoption. I was a Fulbright Scholar in Tunisia in the fall of 2019. I am the Editor of the Journal of Natural Resources Policy Research.
- Ph.D., Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Minnesota 1997
- M.S., Animal Science, University of Minnesota, 1986
- B.S., Animal Science, University of Minnesota, 1982
- AG_EC 2070: Environmental Economics and Policy
- AG_EC 8410: Natural Resource and Environmental Economics
- AG_EC 9230: Welfare and Consumption Economics