Extension Associate Professor
Division of Plant Science and Technology
Research at a glance
Area(s) of Expertise
John Lory has an Extension appointment in environmental nutrient management. His objective is to promote the efficient use of nutrients from manure and other sources for crop production in a manner that protects water and other natural resources. His extension and applied research program is focused on four areas:
- Coordinate the “MU Certified” Strip Trial program.
- Use sensor systems like PaddockTrack to improve efficiency of forage systems.
- Promote sustainability of cropping systems through reducing nutrient loss and soil erosion.
- Fertilizer recommendations for row crops and forages.
- PhD, University of Minnesota
- MS, University of Minnesota
- BS, Cornell University