Division of Applied Social Sciences
CFP® Board-Registered Programs
Research at a glance
Area(s) of Expertise
Abed Rabbani's research is focused primarily on financial risk tolerance, risk literacy, financial literacy and financial wellness. He is the lead investigator on the Investment Risk Tolerance Assessment program and a partner administrator of the 2020 Study on Collegiate Financial Wellness (SCFW). He is a National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) research fellow.
Rabbani is an associate professor and CFP Board-Registered Program Director in the Personal Financial Planning program at the University of Missouri. He received a BS degree from Khulna University, Bangladesh, and an MS from James Cook University, Australia. He also earned an MS from the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff and a PhD in Financial Planning at the University of Georgia. He is a Certified Financial PlannerTM.
- Ph.D., Financial Planning, Housing and Consumer Economics, University of Georgia
- M.S., University of Arkansas
- B.S., Khulna University, Bangladesh
- FINPLN 3282 – Financial Counseling
- FINPLN 4386/7386 – Financial Planning: Employee Benefits and Retirement Planning
- FINPLN 4382/7382 – Financial Planning: Risk Management
- FINPLN 4187/7187 – Tax Planning