At CAFNR, we are always here to help, and helping you figure out how to pay for your college education is no exception! The College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources offers one of the strongest scholarship programs at Mizzou.
CAFNR scholarships are offered to residents of Missouri as the majority of our scholarship endowments are restricted by our donors to Missouri residents. Information on how to establish Missouri residency can be found at:Learn how to get residency
Each year CAFNR awards more than $1.5 million in scholarships. Eighty-seven percent of eligible applicants receive CAFNR scholarships. In addition, several of CAFNR’s academic departments offer scholarships to students enrolled in their degree programs. Awards range from $1,000 to $3,500 annually.
How to Apply for CAFNR Scholarships
Deadline: Dec. 1 for entering freshmen; Jan. 7 for continuing and transfer students.
Visit MU Financial Aid and follow the links to Scholarship Universe.
- Make sure you select CAFNR (College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources) as your academic unit in Scholarship Universe.
- You must complete the CAFNR General Scholarship Application in Scholarship Universe to be considered for CAFNR scholarships in academic year 2022-23.
- Even if you receive a CAFNR scholarship based on your status with the University as a Curators or Chancellors; you MUST complete the CAFNR General Application in Scholarship Universe to receive your CAFNR Scholarship for academic year 2022-23.
- If you have any issues/questions with Scholarship Universe, contact MU Financial Aid.
Entering freshmen who qualify for the MU Curators Scholar Award (requires an ACT composite score of 28), and enroll as a CAFNR student will automatically receive an additional $1,000 scholarship, renewable for up to three years.
Entering freshmen who qualify for the MU Chancellor’s Award (requires an ACT composite score of 31 or higher), and enroll as a CAFNR student will automatically receive an additional $1,000 scholarship, renewable for up to three years.
The scholarship deadline for entering freshmen is Dec. 1, 2021 (see additional instructions above).
To be eligible for consideration for all MU and CAFNR scholarships, entering freshmen must:
- Apply for admission to MU.
- Submit the CAFNR General Application in Scholarship Universe by Dec. 1, 2021.
CAFNR students often qualify for external scholarships.
The CAFNR General Application found in Scholarship Universe qualifies students for almost all CAFNR scholarships. However, the Curators Interscholastic Scholarship and Orscheln Farm and Home Scholarship (for current FFA members who are incoming CAFNR freshmen) require a separate application. The application deadline is Feb. 1.
Details on the FFA Scholarships:
- Curators Interscholastic Events Scholarships are awarded to winners of high ratings in state agriculture/FFA Career Development Events and who rank in the upper third of their graduating class.
- Orscheln Farm and Home Supply Inc. Scholarships are awarded to entering freshmen who have been four-year members of FFA, have demonstrated outstanding leadership ability and have excelled scholastically. Preference given to applicants who live in areas served by Orscheln Farm and Home stores.
Transfer and Continuing Students
Continuing and transfer students must submit their applications by Jan. 7 to be eligible for consideration. To be eligible for consideration for MU and CAFNR scholarships, transfer and continuing students must:
- Submit the CAFNR General Application in Scholarship Universe by Jan. 7 (see additional instructions above).
Rally Mizzou is a scholarship award of up to $2,000 for current juniors and seniors with financial need who may be struggling to pay the remaining balance on their tuition account. Please note this is not a cash award; any funds will be applied directly to the recipient’s account to reduce or eliminate their outstanding balance.
CAFNR also offers an in-house student loan program. Available only to CAFNR students, this program provides additional financial support.
Loans made through the program have a maximum repayment period of seven years; the interest rate is 8 percent. These loans are subsidized while you are enrolled, meaning no interest accrues until after you graduate or until your enrollment drops below half-time status.
For more information on the CAFNR Student Loan Program, contact the CAFNR Academic Programs Office at 573-882-8301 or toll-free at 888-682-2367.
For more information about financial aid, visit the MU Student Financial Aid website.