In the Division of Plant Science and Technology (PST), our researchers drive advancements in conventional, sustainable and alternative production systems.
We offer state-of-the-art research facilities, strategically located on campus and across the state through the Missouri Agricultural Experiment Station. This expansive network provides a robust foundation for student success and fosters faculty innovation.
Our faculty are known for their expertise in research areas such as:
- Plant biology
- Genetics and breeding
- Plant protection and pest management
- Plant-insect/pathogen interactions
- Plant-soil relationships
- Environmental quality
- Operation and management systems in production agriculture
Graduate students in our program work alongside world-class faculty.
CAFNR Programs of Distinction
PST faculty are part of CAFNR Programs of Distinction including:
The Interdisciplinary Plant Group (IPG) is a cross-discipline and integrative program that transcends traditional departmental boundaries to foster excellence in plant biology research and education at MU.
The MU Forage-Livestock Group provides science to sustain Missouri’s livestock industry, while also protecting the state’s natural resources.
The University of Missouri Center for Agroforestry is a preeminent global center in agroforestry research, education and technology transfer.
Collaboration at Mizzou
The collaborative nature of Mizzou strengthens our research. Mizzou is one of only a handful of public institutions nationwide that have a medical school, veterinary medicine college, law school, agriculture college (CAFNR) and engineering college on the same campus along with an interdisciplinary life sciences research center, a precision health research facility and the highest-power university nuclear research reactor.
- Alliance for Grassland Renewal
- Center for Regenerative Agriculture
- Danforth Plant Science Center
- Digital Agriculture Research and Extension Center (DAREC)
- Grape and Wine Institute
- Missouri Forage & Grassland Council
- Missouri Seed Improvement Association
- Missouri Soybean Center
- USDA Agricultural Research Service
- USDA Biological Control of Insects Research Lab
- USDA Cropping Systems and Water Quality Research Unit
- USDA Plant Genetics Research Unit