Welcome to CAFNR! We look forward to working with you soon.
Before Your Advising Appointment
- Complete the Pre-Advising Course on Canvas. If you need help accessing it, contact us.
- Complete the Pre-Advising Questionnaire on MU Connect. This information will help us learn a little bit more about you, so we can support you during your first year.
- On the questionnaire, make a short list of courses you are planning to transfer, including AP and IB credits.
- Foreign language is not required for any CAFNR degree program, but if you would like to take a Foreign Language course your first semester, please take the foreign language placement assessment on Canvas.
- Complete the Math Placement assessment. This placement assessment lets your advisor know what class you’re prepared for. If you have credit for college algebra already posted, you can ignore this.
- Know your MU username and password. Be prepared to log into myZou, MU Connect and other university domains. If you don’t know it, please contact Tiger Tech.
Scheduling your Advising Appointment
- You will receive an email once your advising appointment is scheduled thru MU Connect. We will schedule this appointment for you this time.
- The advisor you meet with is an expert in your chosen major. If you are changing your major, let us know immediately so we can schedule you with the appropriate advisor.
After Your Advising Appointment
- Get in the habit of checking your MU student email at least once a day. Not only is this the primary way your advisor will reach out to you, but you will also get more information on campus resources, new student events, and tasks to complete prior to classes starting.
- If you would like to talk with Financial Aid, the Honors College, the Disability Center, or others – please contact them after your advising appointment. You can find many of these services on the MU Connect Services Page. It is helpful to have your finalized schedule when talking with them.
Connect with CAFNR Academic Programs
Questions? Want to change your major to one of CAFNR’s degrees? Feel free to reach us through email anytime or by calling our office.
- Email CAFNR advising: CAFNRadvising@missouri.edu
- Call CAFNR advising: 573-882-8301
- NOTE: If you’ve landed on this site before completing the pre-advising course on Canvas, please go back to that first. Contact us if you need help accessing it.
- Helpful reminders:
Enhance Your Degree
- Explore CAFNR minors and certificates. You can talk with your advisor about adding a minor/certificate once you have 6 credit hours completed at MU.
- Learn more about the CAFNR experience through our Student Ambassadors’ videos below.
Follow CAFNR on Social Media
- Facebook: facebook.com/mizzoucafnr
- Twitter: twitter.com/cafnr
- Instagram: instagram.com/cafnr
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/mizzou-cafnr
The CAFNR Experience
RISE Research Student Experience
RISE International Study Abroad Student Experience
RISE Service Learning Student Experience
RISE Experiential Learning Student Experience