2018 dates to be announced: Please check back January 2018
Do you have a passion for agriculture and working with people? Do you want an exciting career where you can make a difference? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then make plans to joins us for the Teach Ag! Academy.
Agriculture teachers never have the same day twice. One day teachers might be in a classroom or laboratory, the next visiting students in the field, preparing teams for a FFA Career Development Event, or leading a community service activity with their FFA Chapter.
Students will work side-by-side with Ag Ed & Leadership faculty to develop skills needed to teach agriculture and advise students in the National FFA Organization.
Key Information for the Teach Ag Academy
- Cost is $25 (this includes dormitory lodging and all meals)
- Application must include a nomination from an Agriculture Teacher or Guidance Counselor
- Academy is limited to approximately 20 students
- Preference will be given to incoming high school seniors but juniors are also eligible
- Activities will include: interacting with current teachers, exposure to cutting edge agriculture curriculum, presentations by state agriculture staff, and experiencing campus including a tour and experiential activities to further develop communication and leadership skills (and a group trip to Shakespeare’s Pizza).
For More Information Contact:
Jon Simonsen, Ph.D.