- Overnight residential academies will not be scheduled for 2021. Check back for single-day campus events.
Do you have a passion to advocate for agriculture? Are you looking for a path that will lead you to cutting edge communication opportunities? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then make plans to join us for the Agricultural Communications Academy.
Agricultural communicators work to shape and share the story of agriculture every day. They are on the cutting edge of agriculture and communication to inform the public about what it takes to feed and clothe a growing population.
Students will work side-by-side with Ag Ed & Leadership faculty to develop the skills needed to advocate for agriculture and become the next generation of agricultural communicators.
We hope that you will apply to attend the 2019 Mizzou Agricultural Communications Academy!
Key Information for the Academy
- Cost is $25 (this includes dormitory lodging and all meals)
- Application must include a nomination from an Agriculture Teacher or Guidance Counselor
- Academy is limited to approximately 20 students
- Preference will be given to incoming high school seniors but juniors are also eligible
- Activities will include: interacting with current agricultural communicators, access to communication and technology resources on campus, and experiencing Mizzou including a tour and experiential activities (and a group trip to Shakespeare’s Pizza).
For more information, contact:
Jon Simonsen, PhD