2018 dates to be announced: Please check back January 2018
The intensive four-day program will focus on increasing knowledge of Missouri’s diverse and dynamic livestock industry, as well as building participants’ leadership and communication skills.
Twenty high school students will be selected to participate in the session based upon educational, community, and agricultural involvement, as reflected through an application process.
Students will have personalized instruction and interaction with counselors, professors and livestock industry leaders.
- Participants must be currently (as of January 1, 2017) enrolled in high school.
- Applications must be postmarked by April 1, 2017. No late applications accepted.
- Delegates must be able to participate in the entire academy and attend all conference sessions.
- Students must complete all areas of the application.
- The application should be paper clipped including application form, resume and one letter of recommendation.
- Applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been received.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for review and selection after the April 1 deadline.
Tentative academy program
Day 1: Leadership development & MIZZOU Research Farm tours
Day 2: Tour of Missouri businesses & organizations
Day 3: Communication skills & team building
Day 4: Closing reception & team presentations
Program Fee: $100/student
Please check back.
For additional information, please contact:
David Hoffman, MU Extension Regional Livestock Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Marcia Carlson Shannon, MU Extension State Swine Specialist, email@example.com