CAFNR Summer Academies at Mizzou
Learn more about Mizzou and a field of your choice with a variety of summer offerings from the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources!
- Academy runs May 30-June 2, 2018. Applications must be postmarked by April 1.
- For students interested in increasing knowledge of Missouri’s diverse and dynamic livestock industry, as well as building leadership and communication skills. Students will interact with counselors, professors and livestock industry leaders.
- Academy runs July 22-26, 2018. Free of charge. Apply online by April 15.
- For students interested in animal, human, plant or food sciences. Activities include hands-on experiences in biochemistry labs and research farms; tours of various science and research industries; discussing ethical issues in agriculture; and opportunities to learn from professionals in science-related industries.
Livestock and Meats Judging Camps
- Livestock Judging Camp runs June 11-13. Apply online
- Meats Camp runs June 13-15. Apply online
- $200 includes meals, housing, education materials and camp T-shirt.
- For more information, contact Dr. Bryon Wiegand, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academy runs July 15-17, 2018.
- For students with a passion for agriculture and working with people. Activities will include interacting with current teachers, exposure to cutting-edge ag curriculum, presentations by state ag staff and experiencing campus.
- Academy runs June 21-23, 2018. Applications due April 1.
- For young rising junior and seniors to learn techniques, leadership, team building and mental preparation.
- Academy runs July 8-13, 2018. Free of charge. Applications must be postmarked by April 20.
- For students interested in the natural world, conservation and environmental studies. Learn about careers in forestry, nature interpretation, fisheries, environmental sciences, outdoor recreation, tourism, soil science, atmospheric science and wildlife.