Discover the CAFNR Experience
Learn more about Mizzou and a field of your choice with a variety of summer single-day events from the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources! You’ll engage in hands-on experiences in our labs and facilities with our faculty and current students.
For all events
- Students’ schedule will include all hands-on activities related to the degree program. Parents will have a separate schedule with a college planning presentation, financial aid presentation, and another presentation TBD.
- Students’ lunch will be provided.
Agricultural Education – Ag Communications
- July 6, 2021
- Do you have a passion to advocate for agriculture? Are you looking for a path that will lead you to cutting edge communication opportunities? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then make plans to join us for this Agricultural Communications day.
- Agricultural communicators work to shape and share the story of agriculture every day. They are on the cutting edge of agriculture and communication to inform the public about what it takes to feed and clothe a growing population.
- Students will work side-by-side with Ag Ed & Leadership faculty to develop the skills needed to advocate for agriculture and become the next generation of agricultural communicators.
Agricultural Education – Teach Ag!
- July 6, 2021
- Do you have a passion for agriculture and working with people? Do you want an exciting career where you can make a difference? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then make plans to join us for our Teach Ag day.
- Agriculture teachers never have the same day twice. One day teachers might be in a classroom or laboratory, the next visiting students in the field, preparing teams for a FFA Career Development Event, or leading a community service activity with their FFA Chapter.
- Students will work side-by-side with Ag Ed & Leadership faculty to develop skills needed to teach agriculture and advise students in the National FFA Organization.
- July 16, 2021
- Participating students will interact with current animal sciences students and faculty throughout the day.
- We will explore the various components of animal sciences including nutrition, reproduction, genetics, conformation and animal products.
- Students will gain a deeper understanding of the animal sciences field working through all stages of production from farm to plate.
Plant Science and Technology
- July 24, 2021
- Check-in starts at 9 a.m.
- Register online
- Experience how plant scientists and agriculture technologists use computers to design sustainable landscapes; employ robots, drones and lasers to make breakthroughs related to plants and insects; manage turf grass for high quality putting greens; and harness technologies in hydroponics and controlled environments to grow healthier and more vigorous plants.
- Get hands-on experiences in our labs with faculty members, learn about exciting career options, and interact with current plant sciences and agricultural systems technology students.