CAFNR Summer Academies at Mizzou
Learn more about Mizzou and a field of your choice with a variety of summer offerings from the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources!
- Academy runs May 31-June 3. Applications must be postmarked by April 1.
- For students interested in increasing knowledge of Missouri’s diverse and dynamic livestock industry, as well as building leadership and communication skills. Students will interact with counselors, professors and livestock industry leaders.
- Academy runs July 16-20. Applications due April 10. Free of charge.
- For students interested in animal, human and plant sciences. Activities include extracting DNA and enzymes, discussing ethical issues in agriculture and touring plant and biotechnology companies in St. Louis.
- Academy runs July 16-18. Applications due May 16.
- For students with a passion for agriculture and working with people. Activities will include interacting with current teachers, exposure to cutting-edge ag curriculum, presentations by state ag staff and experiencing campus.
- Academy runs June 22–24. Applications due April 1.
- For young rising junior and seniors to learn techniques, leadership, team building and mental preparation.
- Academy runs July 9-14. Applications due May 6. Free of charge.
- For students interested in the natural world, conservation and environmental studies. Learn about careers in forestry, nature interpretation, fisheries, environmental sciences, outdoor recreation, tourism, soil science, atmospheric science and wildlife.