CAFNR Summer Academies at Mizzou
Learn more about Mizzou and a field of your choice with a variety of summer offerings from the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources!
- Learn all about Missouri’s diverse and dynamic livestock industry, as well as build leadership skills. Interact with counselors, professors and livestock industry leaders.
- Academy runs July 26-30, 2020. Free of charge. Apply online by April 1.
- Learn about animal, human, plant and food sciences. Activities include hands-on experiences in biochemistry labs and at research farms; tours of various science and research industries; and opportunities to learn from professionals in science-related industries.
Livestock and Meats Judging Camps
- Livestock Judging Camp and Meats Judging Camp usually run in June.
- For more information, contact Dr. Bryon Wiegand, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you strive to be an advocate for agriculture? This academy will help develop some of the tools to become an agricultural communicator. The academy will showcase opportunities within communication while interacting with professionals in the field.
- Do you have a passion for agriculture and working with people? This academy allows you to learn what it means to be an agriculture teacher and FFA advisor. You will learn from current teachers and have exposure to cutting-edge agriculture curriculum.
- For young rising sophomores, juniors and seniors to learn techniques, leadership, team building and mental preparation.
- Academy runs June 23-28, 2020. Free of charge. Applications due April 13.
- For students interested in the natural world, conservation and environmental studies. Learn about careers in forestry, nature interpretation, fisheries, environmental sciences, outdoor recreation, tourism, soil science, atmospheric science and wildlife.