Soil characterization services include physical, chemical and biological properties of soil for clientele including farmers, landowners, researchers, consulting firms, state agencies and landscape architects.
Lab Hours and Location
Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Soil samples should be sent to:
Soil Health Assessment Center
3600 New Haven Rd.
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65201-9608
How to Take a Sample (PDF)
Services and Prices
We provide analyses of soil heath indicators and develop soil-specific prescriptive analyses.
Please contact us so we can discuss your specific needs: 573-882-3704.
DNR Soil and Water Conservation Program (SWCP) Cover Crops Cost-Share Program
- DNR Soil Sampling Techniques and Pricing (PDF)
- How to take soil core bulk density sample (YouTube)
- DNR Soil Health Form: Complete this form for each site. (Word or PDF format)
- DNR Follow-up Sample Soil Health Form: Complete this form for each follow-up sample submitted. (Word or PDF format)
For internal University of Missouri clients, orders can be paid using a MoCode which should accompany your order. All other orders must be paid by check made out to the University of Missouri.
- Growers and farmers
- Land managers
- Consulting and engineering firms
- State agencies
- Landscape architects
Looking for fertilization recommendations for your garden? Visit the MU Soil and Plant Testing Laboratory.