Soil characterization services include physical, chemical and biological properties of soil for clientele including farmers, landowners, researchers, consulting firms, state agencies and landscape architects.
Lab Hours and Location
Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Soil samples should be sent to:
Soil Health Assessment Center
3600 New Haven Rd.
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65201-9608
How to Take a Sample (PDF)
Map showing SHAC’s location at South Farm (PDF)
Services and Prices
We provide analyses of soil heath indicators and develop soil-specific prescriptive analyses.
- Soil Health Checkup (PDF)
- Soil Health Analysis Price List (PDF)
If you would like to submit soil samples, please fill out the soil sample form below. If you have further questions, please contact us, 573-882-0941 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit soil sample form
- More about soil health services and analyses
- More about soil characterization
DNR Soil and Water Conservation Program (SWCP) Cover Crops Cost-Share Program
- DNR Soil Sampling Techniques and Pricing (PDF)
- How to take soil core bulk density sample (YouTube)
- DNR Soil Health Form: Complete this form for each site. (PDF)
- DNR Follow-up Sample Soil Health Form: Complete this form for each follow-up sample submitted. (PDF)
For internal University of Missouri clients, orders can be paid using a MoCode which should accompany your order. All other orders must be paid by check made out to the University of Missouri.
- Growers and farmers
- Land managers
- Consulting and engineering firms
- State agencies
- Landscape architects
Looking for fertilization recommendations for your garden? Visit the MU Soil and Plant Testing Laboratory.