- Ph.D., 2008, University of Minnesota
- Wilhelm Stanis’ research is in the human dimensions of natural resource management with an emphasis in the social psychological as well as environmental factors that influence aspects of outdoor recreation. Specifically, her work examines the role of parks and public lands in promoting physical activity and public health, benefits of and constraints to outdoor recreation, and issues in outdoor recreation relating to diversity and youth.
- Research methods in parks, recreation and tourism
- Constructs of Leisure
- Advanced recreation land management
- Planning and evaluating leisure environments
- Career Orientation in Recreation, Parks, and Leisure Services
- Parks, Health and Wellness