- PhD, Family Resource Management, The Ohio State University
- LLB, International Relations, Qingdao University, China
Rui Yao’s research interests focus on individual and family financial decision-making and well-being. Specific topics include retirement, saving and investment behavior and motives, risk tolerance, debt management and consumption patterns. She received the best paper award from the CFP Board, AARP, American Council on Consumer Interests, and American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences. She serves as an associate editor, as an editorial board member and as a reviewer for a number of academic journals and conferences.
- FINPLN 7187 – Financial Planning: Tax Planning
- FINPLN 7389 – Financial Planning: Capstone
- FINPLN 8450 – Applied Research in Household Economics and Planning
- FINPLN 8488 – Household Financial Decision Making