- Post-graduate certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education 2001, University of Salford
- Ph.D. 1998, University of Salford, Atmospheric Science
- M.Phil. 1995, University of Reading, Meteorology
- B.Sc. 1988, University of Manchester, Physics
- Fox’s research has a number of threads which include:
- The use of radar in the estimation and very short-period forecasting (nowcasting) of rainfall.
- The representation of rainfall in models of runoff, soil detachment and stream flow.
- Observation of winds at heights of interest to wind energy development and their relationship to the characteristics of the low-level jet.
- ATMS 1050: Introductory Meteorology
- ATMS 1110: Introduction to Atmospheric Science
- ATMS 2720: Weather Briefing
- ATMS 4400: Micrometeorology
- ATMS 4510: Remote Sensing for Atmospheric Science and Natural Resources
- ATMS 4590: Radar Meteorology
- ATMS 4990: Daily Analysis and Forecasting
- ATMS 8500: Radiation in the Atmosphere
- ATMS 8550: Nowcasting