- Ph.D. 1987, Texas A&M University
- Social Aspects of Natural Resource Management, Education and Outreach
- Morgan teaches classes in outdoor recreation management and conducts research on human dimensions of natural resources as it relates to policy, visitor behavior, and communications (interpretation and environmental education). A former Fulbright scholar, Morgan has taught and conducted research in several Asian countries, including China, Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Outdoor Recreation Policy
- Visitor Behavior
- Methods of Interpretation
- Research Methods
- Schulz, J., Wilhelm Stanis, S., Morgan, M., Li, C., Hall, D. & Webb, E. (2021). Perspectives from natural resource professionals: Attitudes on lead ammunition risks and use of nonlead ammunition. Journal of Outdoor Recreation & Tourism, 33, 100341.
- Khadka, A., Li, C., Wilhelm Stanis, S. & Morgan, M. (2021). Unpacking the power of place-based education in climate change communication. Applied Journal of Environmental Education & Communication, 20, 77-91.
- Xu, S., Wilhelm Stanis, S., Zhang, H. Groshong, L., & Morgan, M. (2020). Impact of travel distance and experience use history on visitors’ climate friendly behavior and support for climate friendly management action. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 29(6), 981-999.
- Groshong, L., Wilhelm Stanis, S., Morgan, M. & Li, C. (2020). Place attachment, climate friendly behavior, and support for climate friendly management action among state park visitors. Environmental Management, 65(1), 98-110.
- Lee, J., Morgan, M., & Shim, G. (2019). Crowding, race, and ethnicity: A case study at Onondaga Cave State Park. Journal of Interpretation Research, 24(1), 49-61.
- Balasubramanyam, V., Wilhelm Stanis, S. Morgan, M. & Ojewola, O. (2019). Climate change communication in the Midwestern United States: Perceptions of state park interpreters. Environmental Management, 63(5), 615-628.
- Groshong, L., Stanis, S., & Morgan, M. (2018). Climate change impacts in Missouri State Parks: Perceptions from engaged park users. Journal of Outdoor Recreation & Tourism, 24, 11-20.
- Morgan, M. & Ho, Y. (2018). Perception of Asian carp as a possible food source among Missouri anglers. Human Dimensions of Wildlife, 23(5), 491-498.
- Morgan, M. (2016). Billboards and tourism in the Missouri Ozarks: Boon or blight? Tourism Analysis, 21(6), 675-680.
- Morgan, M. & Chompreeda, K. (2014). The relative effect of message-based appeals to promote water conservation at a tourist resort in the Gulf of Thailand. Environmental Communication, 9(1), 20-36.