- Ph.D. University of Minnesota
Current and Recent Research
- Image-processing and multivariate classification techniques for tissue differentiation.
- Microscopic image processing for pathological evaluations (object-density-based segmentation, pathological feature extraction, and expert score prediction), ultrasound image processing (speckle-signal decoupling by wavelets, object/curve detection, fetal head detection and measurement, and speckle feature extraction for tissue differentiation), visible and NIR meat image processing (tissue classification, texture modeling, and sensory score prediction), and multivariate classification method development (generalized Fisher and hybrid).
- Fluorescence-based biosensing and bioimaging.
- Plant tissue-based biosensing (modeling of delayed luminescence kinetics in plant tissues, Kalman filtering, physiological state observers, and application in environmental sensing), green fluorescent protein (GFP)-based biosensing (fluorescence modeling, extended Kalman filter for time-delay systems, reaction kinetics, state observers, and application in plant cell cultures).
- Bioprocess modeling and control.
- Visual system modeling (ERG signal processing, visual system state estimation, and development of diagnostic tools), method development (time-delay system identification, predictive control, and neural network-based statistical process control), food process control (process identification, sensory-based process control, fuzzy set applications).