- Ph.D. 1980, University of Minnesota
- Soil and water conservation and management and applied soil physics.
- Research and teaching in soil and water conservation and management. Work includes: measurement and prediction of soil erosion, measurement of soil structure and its relationship to soil productivity and soil quality, and improvement of soil and water conservation and management methods.
- Ecology and renewable resource management
- Introduction to environmental science
- Soil and water management and conservation
- Land use management