- Ph.D. 2002, University of Missouri
- Lin is the research associate professor and lead scientist who is in charge of bioremediation and natural products research programs at the Center for Agroforestry at University of Missouri. His primary research involves the use of plants, microbes and engineered enzymes for bioremediation, ecological restoration and development of bioeconomy. His research has been focused on bioremediation of organic pesticides, petroleum contaminants, endocrine disruptors, munitions explosives, personal care products and pharmaceuticals. For the natural product research, Lin primary research foci include 1) identifying the new uses of the high-valued natural products isolated from the specialty crops and byproducts using metabolomic approach, and 2) developing novel biocatalyst systems for production of biofuel and specialty chemicals, and remediation of environmental pollutants. Lin and his team have successfully transferred their inventions to the industry. The spin-offs from his research include Elemental Enzymes Inc. and Tiger Energy LLC (now Tiger Enzyme Solutions). His other active research projects include air quality monitoring, chemical ecology, environmental toxicology and biofuel research.
- Khanh-Van Ho, Kathy L. Schreiber, Danh C, Vu, Susan M. Rottinghaus, Daniel E. Jackson, Charles Robert Brown, Zhentian Lei, Lloyd W. Sumner, Mark V. Coggeshall, Chung-Ho Lin 2019 Black walnut (Juglans nigra) extracts inhibit pro-inflammatory cytokine production from LPS-stimulated human pro-monocytic cell line U-937. Frontiers in Pharmacology, section Ethnopharmacology (in press)
- Danh C Vu; Thi L Ho; Phuc H Vo; Mohamed Bayati; Alexandra N Davis; Zehra Gulseven; Gustavo Carlo; Francisco Palermo; Jane McElroy; Susan Nagel; Chung-Ho Lin 2019 Assessment of Indoor Volatile Organic Compounds in Head Start Child Care Facilities. Atmospheric Environment (in press)
- Lyndy Joy McGaw, Ajay Kumar Srivastava, Chung-Ho Lin, Vanessa Steenkamp 2019 Book Review: Medicinal Plants for Holistic Healing. Frontiers in Pharmacology, section Ethnopharmacology (in press)
- Mélanie J. A. Body, William C. Neer, Caitlin Vore, Chung-Ho Lin, Danh C. Vu, Jack C. Schultz, Reginald B. Cocroft and Heidi M. Appel. 2019 Caterpillar Chewing Vibrations Cause Changes in Plant Hormones and Volatile Emissions in Arabidopsis thaliana. Front. Plant Sci., 26 June 2019 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2019.00810
- Body, M.H. A., M.S. Zinkgraf, T.G. Whitham, C-H. Lin, R.A. Richardson, H.M. Appel, J.C. Schultz. 2019. Heritable phytohormone profiles of poplar genotypes vary in resistance to a galling aphid. Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions. 32 (6): 654 DOI: 10.1094/MPMI-11-18-0301-R
- Jeanne Dollinger, Chung-Ho Lin, Ranjith Udawatta, Valerie Pot, Pierre Benoit, Shibu Jose 2019 Influence of agroforestry plant species on the infiltration of S-Metolachlor in buffer soils. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology 225: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jconhyd.2019.103498
- Vu, D.C., Lei, Z.,Coggeshall, M.V., Sumner, L.W.and Lin, C.-.H. 2019 Identification and Quantification of Phytosterols in Black Walnut Kernels. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis. Food Composition and Analysis 75, 61-69
- Alexandra N. Davis, Gustavo Carlo, Zehra Gulseven, Francisco Palermo, Chung-Ho Lin, Susan C. Nagel, Danh C. Vu, Phuc H. Vo, Thi L. Ho, and Jane A. McElroy 2019 Exposure to Environmental Toxicants and Young Children’s Cognitive and Social Development. Reviews on Environmental Health 34: 35-56.
- Khanh-Van Ho, Zhentian Lei , Lloyd W. Sumner , Mark V. Coggeshall, Hsin-Yeh Hsieh, George C. Stewart and Chung-Ho Lin 2019 Identifying Antibacterial Compounds in Black Walnuts (Juglans nigra) Using a Metabolomics Approach. Metabolites 29; 8(4) doi: 10.3390/metabo8040058.
- Please visit the MU Center for Agroforestry to see more publications
Patent Issued (2019)
- George Stewart, Brain Thompson, and Chung-Ho Lin 2019. Bacillus Based Delivery System and Methods of Use 2019 U.S. Patent No. 10,081,790