CAFNR International Programs (CIP) provides technical assistance to our international partners and facilitates global engagement for faculty and students across the College.
Capacity Building and Development Assistance
- Logistical support through our University of Missouri Assistance Program (UMAP) in Ghana and Kenya
- Managing development projects for CAFNR faculty and global partners
- Hiring and managing consultants for USAID and USDA global projects
The CIP office oversees a host of international training programs each year including the following:
- USDA Cochran Fellowship Program
- USDA Scientific Exchange Program
- USDA Norman E. Borlaug Fellowship
Connect with Us
Since 2007, CIP has welcomed 141 visiting guests from more than 33 countries.
CAFNR Faculty Support
CAFNR faculty utilize CIP’s expertise for project support and fiscal management.
University of Missouri Assistance Program (UMAP)
In 2003, our office established UMAP in Kenya as a non-governmental organization focused on capacity-building projects in the region. We opened a new office in Ghana in 2013 to further enhance our capabilities to deliver on-the-ground support to USAID, USDA, and additional partners on the continent. The establishment of UMAP provides the University of Missouri a legal framework to provide training, research assistance and technical expertise to increase agricultural productivity in Kenya and Ghana.