All CAFNR faculty, staff and post-docs are invited to participate in the IDE Podcast Club, sponsored by CAFNR’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Compassion Committee.
All meetings will occur every other Tuesday in 104 ABNR (with the exception of Oct. 4 in ABNR 307) and run from 3 to 4 p.m.
Email email@example.com if you have a resource for which you would like to lead a discussion. Topics typically cover issues relevant to our divisional studies in the areas of inclusion, diversity, equity and compassion.
Oct. 4, Note change of room to ABNR 307, Topic: Disability Employment Awareness
- Disability Employment Awareness from Cornell University’s Inclusive Excellence Podcast
Oct. 18, Topic: TBD
Nov. 1, Topic: TBD
Nov. 15, Topic: TBD
Nov. 29, Topic: TBD
Sept. 20, Topic: Accessible Communications
Sept. 6, Topic: The term Hispanic and how CAFNR can be inclusive and welcoming to our Hispanic community
- Who are you calling Hispanic?
- The Emerging STEM Paths and Science Identities of Hispanic/Latinx College Students: Examining the Impact of Multiple Undergraduate Research Experiences
- This is what a scientist looks like: Increasing Hispanic/Latina women’s identification with STEM using relatable role models.
May 25, Topic: Land Acknowledgements
- Land-grab universities from High Country News
- How a Civil War-era law turned Native American land into university endowments from Vox Magazine
- Statement of Land Acknowledgment from APLU
April 28, Topic: Disparity of our Food
April 12, Topic: Polio and Covid Wars: Warm Springs and Mar-a-Lago
March 22, Topic: Local community action to water pollution injustice