External scholarships are awards funded by sources independent of the University of Missouri, such as businesses, not-for-profit groups, foundations and government agencies. Criteria vary but usually include academic performance, financial need, community affiliations or unique elements related to the funding organization.
Please note that a link to a website does not constitute an endorsement by CAFNR of the sponsors or products on that site. The information is simply being provided as a resource for students and their families.
When searching for external scholarships, look out for signs of scams. Never give money, credit card numbers or bank account information to any entity promising scholarships.
External Scholarship Opportunities
- National Corn Growers Association Scholarship/William C. Berg Academic Excellence in Agriculture – due Dec. 1, 2019. www.ncga.com/scholarships. Five $1,500 scholarships are available to undergraduate students. Applicants or a parent/guardian must be a member of the NCGA.
- Mid America CropLife Association – Young Leader Scholarship Program 2020 – due: Jan. 3, 2020. Submit application, your resume and unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. See YLSP Overview 2020 and YLSP Scholarship Application 2020 (Word) for details.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Scholarships – due Jan. 31, 2020. Educational Partnership Program Undergraduate Scholarship and Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship. Scholarships for undergraduate students majoring in disciplines related to oceanic and atmospheric science, research, or technology, and supportive of the purposes of NOAA’s programs and mission. For more information, contact the Office of Education Scholarship Programs at: StudentScholarshipPrograms@noaa.gov.
- Six Tips for Winning Scholarships from FFA
- Check into scholarships offered by your parents’ employers, civic clubs (such as Elks Club) or electric cooperatives.
- MU student financial aid external scholarship resources
- Scholarships for international students
- Scholarships for students with disabilities