External scholarships are awards funded by sources independent of the University of Missouri, such as businesses, not-for-profit groups, foundations and government agencies. Criteria vary but usually include academic performance, financial need, community affiliations or unique elements related to the funding organization.
Please note that a link to a website does not constitute an endorsement by CAFNR of the sponsors or products on that site. The information is simply being provided as a resource for students and their families.
When searching for external scholarships, look out for signs of scams. Never give money, credit card numbers or bank account information to any entity promising scholarships.
External Scholarship Opportunities
- American Royal Scholarship Program (in partnership with Seaboard) due April 19, 2019. The general eligibility criteria is available at www.americanroyal.com/educational-programming/scholarships/royal-scholars/.
- Sigma Alpha Scholarship (opportunity for a high school senior) due April 24, 2019. Apply at mizzousigmaalpha.wixsite.com/mizzousigmaalpha/scholarship-1.
- Webster Groves Herb Society Scholarship due May 14, 2019. Scholarship Information (PDF) Application (PDF) Financial Aid Form (PDF)
- Metropolitan Shuttle Environmental Science Studies Scholarship due June 1, 2019. The application requirements are available at www.metropolitanshuttle.com/about-us/metropolitan-shuttle-scholarship-programs/environmental-science-studies-scholarship/.
- Six Tips for Winning Scholarships from FFA
- Check into scholarships offered by your parents’ employers, civic clubs (such as Elks Club) or electric cooperatives.
- MU student financial aid external scholarship resources
- Scholarships for international students
- Scholarships for students with disabilities