External scholarships are awards funded by sources independent of the University of Missouri, such as businesses, not-for-profit groups, foundations and government agencies. Criteria vary but usually include academic performance, financial need, community affiliations or unique elements related to the funding organization.
Please note that a link to a website does not constitute an endorsement by CAFNR of the sponsors or products on that site. The information is simply being provided as a resource for students and their families.
When searching for external scholarships, look out for signs of scams. Never give money, credit card numbers or bank account information to any entity promising scholarships.
External Scholarship Opportunities
- Independent Professional Seed Association (IPSA) Scholarship due March 31, 2017
For high school seniors and active college students majoring in agriculture. Information and application
- John Richard Sage Memorial Scholarship due April 1, 2017
For students with scholarship aptitude (3.5 cumulative GPA on at least 35 credit hours earned at MU), demonstrated success in leadership activities, good moral character and a person who best personifies the spirit of John Richard Sage. Applications are available at the Student Financial Aid Office, 11 Jesse Hall.
- Dr. John A. Chapin Agriculture Scholarship (PDF) due April 4, 2017
- Agriculture Scholarship of Greater Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce (PDF) due April 4, 2017
- Kaplan 3 Scholarship Giveaway (PDF): scholarships for self-paced, live-online, or in-person test prep classes due April 30, 2017
- Feed Energy “Excellence in Ag” Scholarship (PDF) due May 5, 2017
- Check into scholarships offered by your parents’ employers, civic clubs (such as Elks Club) or electric cooperatives.
- MU student financial aid external scholarship resources
- Scholarships for international students
- Scholarships for students with disabilities