External scholarships are awards funded by sources independent of the University of Missouri, such as businesses, not-for-profit groups, foundations and government agencies. Criteria vary but usually include academic performance, financial need, community affiliations or unique elements related to the funding organization.
Please note that a link to a website does not constitute an endorsement by CAFNR of the sponsors or products on that site. The information is simply being provided as a resource for students and their families.
When searching for external scholarships, look out for signs of scams. Never give money, credit card numbers or bank account information to any entity promising scholarships.
External Scholarship Opportunities
- Jimmy Mancbach Scholarship Foundation due March 22, 2019. The application and reference forms are available at www.JimmyMancbachScholarship.com.
- Independent Professional Seed Association (IPSA) Scholarship due March 31, 2019. The application requirements are available at ipseed.org/ipsa-affairs/scholarships .
- Sage Scholarship due April 1, 2019. This is an endowed award at MU for $750/year. Application (Word)
- SuretyBonds.com’s 2019 Small Business Scholarship due April 12, 2019. This scholarship will award one student $3,000.00 for the Fall 2019 semester. The application requirements are available at www.suretybonds.com/scholarships/.
- Compost Research Scholarship due April 12, 2019. The application requirements are available at www.compostfoundation.org/Education/Young_Investigators .
- MO Dairy Hall of Honors Scholarship due April 15, 2019. MO Dairy Hall of Honors Scholarship Application (PDF)
- Sigma Alpha Scholarship (opportunity for a high school senior) due April 24, 2019. Apply at mizzousigmaalpha.wixsite.com/mizzousigmaalpha/scholarship-1
- Metropolitan Shuttle Environmental Science Studies Scholarship due June 1, 2019. The application requirements are available at www.metropolitanshuttle.com/about-us/metropolitan-shuttle-scholarship-programs/environmental-science-studies-scholarship/ .
- Six Tips for Winning Scholarships from FFA
- Check into scholarships offered by your parents’ employers, civic clubs (such as Elks Club) or electric cooperatives.
- MU student financial aid external scholarship resources
- Scholarships for international students
- Scholarships for students with disabilities