External scholarships are awards funded by sources independent of the University of Missouri, such as businesses, not-for-profit groups, foundations and government agencies. Criteria vary but usually include academic performance, financial need, community affiliations or unique elements related to the funding organization.
Please note that a link to a website does not constitute an endorsement by CAFNR of the sponsors or products on that site. The information is simply being provided as a resource for students and their families.
When searching for external scholarships, look out for signs of scams. Never give money, credit card numbers or bank account information to any entity promising scholarships.
External Scholarship Opportunities
- America’s Farmers Grow Ag Leaders – due: Jan. 15, 2020. Sponsored by Bayer Fund. The scholarship program is now open and offering $1,500 scholarships to high school seniors thru college juniors pursuing an ag-related field of study and have at least a 2.5 GPA. 352 scholarships will be given away next spring. Download the flyer and see full eligibility requirements and rules. Learn more at AmericasFarmers.com.
- Farm Journal: Sonja Hillgren Social Media Scholarship – due: Jan. 17, 2020. See details: Sonja Hillgren Scholarship (PDF)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Scholarships – due Jan. 31, 2020. Educational Partnership Program Undergraduate Scholarship and Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship. Scholarships for undergraduate students majoring in disciplines related to oceanic and atmospheric science, research, or technology, and supportive of the purposes of NOAA’s programs and mission. For more information, contact the Office of Education Scholarship Programs at: StudentScholarshipPrograms@noaa.gov.
- Six Tips for Winning Scholarships from FFA
- Check into scholarships offered by your parents’ employers, civic clubs (such as Elks Club) or electric cooperatives.
- MU student financial aid external scholarship resources
- Scholarships for international students
- Scholarships for students with disabilities