External scholarships are awards funded by sources independent of the University of Missouri, such as businesses, not-for-profit groups, foundations and government agencies. Criteria vary but usually include academic performance, financial need, community affiliations or unique elements related to the funding organization.
Please note that a link to a website does not constitute an endorsement by CAFNR of the sponsors or products on that site. The information is simply being provided as a resource for students and their families.
When searching for external scholarships, look out for signs of scams. Never give money, credit card numbers or bank account information to any entity promising scholarships.
External Scholarship Opportunities
- 2020 Lallemand Forward Scholarship – due August 7, 2020. See the guidelines and the application.
Undergraduate (PDF) – full-time student pursuing a four-year degree in an agricultural program, including, but no limited to: Animal Science, Agribusiness, Crop Science, Livestock Management, Dairy Science, Ag Education, and Agricultural Marketing. Must have a minimum of 60 credit hours.
Veterinary Student (PDF)
Masters (PDF) – student pursuing a masters program in Animal Science or related field.
PhD (PDF) – student in doctoral program in Animal Science or related field.
- 2020 Veteran Car Donations Annual Scholarship – due Aug. 15, 2020. The 2020 Veteran Car Donations Annual College Scholarship – supporting students pursuing STEM-related degrees. According to the Department of Education, STEM fields of study include computer sciences, engineering, mathematics, natural sciences (including physical, biological, and agricultural sciences), and related fields. Related fields involve research, innovation, and/or the development of new technologies using the aforementioned fields of study. Veteran Car Donations will award the selected student applicant $1,000 to be used toward his or her degree. In addition, Veteran Car Donations will award a $250 textbook scholarship to the two runners-up.
- College Aggies Online Scholarship Competition – kicks off on September 14, 2020. Students enrolled as undergraduates or graduates are invited to sign up today. More info at animalagalliance.org/initiatives/college-aggies-online/.
- Six Tips for Winning Scholarships from FFA
- Check into scholarships offered by your parents’ employers, civic clubs (such as Elks Club) or electric cooperatives.
- MU student financial aid external scholarship resources
- Scholarships for international students
- Scholarships for students with disabilities