External scholarships are awards funded by sources independent of the University of Missouri, such as businesses, not-for-profit groups, foundations and government agencies. Criteria vary but usually include academic performance, financial need, community affiliations or unique elements related to the funding organization.
Please note that a link to a website does not constitute an endorsement by CAFNR of the sponsors or products on that site. The information is simply being provided as a resource for students and their families.
When searching for external scholarships, look out for signs of scams. Never give money, credit card numbers or bank account information to any entity promising scholarships.
External Scholarship Opportunities
- Ray Stoesser Memorial Scholarship/US Rice Producers Scholarship | Deadline Dec. 1
Applicants should have the intention of pursuing a career in an agriculture-related field. Applications accepted from undergraduate and graduate students. In addition to the monetary award, the recipient will serve as a student ambassador for USPRA. Application available here.
- Jim Russell Foundation Scholarship | Deadline Dec. 5
Junior or senior college students majoring in a field related to agriculture, and intends to pursue a career in agribusiness., with a 3.0 cumulative GPA, are eligible to apply. Winners announced in January and recognized at MO-AG Summer Meeting in July. Application and additional information available here.
- Foundation for Soy Innovation Scholarship | Deadline Dec. 15
The Foundation is offering $1,000 scholarships for individuals positioned to make an impact on the future of the soy value chain.
Undergraduate students and graduate students eligible. Click here for additional information and to begin your application.
- Six Tips for Winning Scholarships from FFA
- Check into scholarships offered by your parents’ employers, civic clubs (such as Elks Club) or electric cooperatives.
- MU student financial aid external scholarship resources