External scholarships are awards funded by sources independent of the University of Missouri, such as businesses, not-for-profit groups, foundations and government agencies. Criteria vary but usually include academic performance, financial need, community affiliations or unique elements related to the funding organization.
Please note that a link to a website does not constitute an endorsement by CAFNR of the sponsors or products on that site. The information is simply being provided as a resource for students and their families.
When searching for external scholarships, look out for signs of scams. Never give money, credit card numbers or bank account information to any entity promising scholarships.
External Scholarship Opportunities
- St. Louis Area Hotel Association Scholarship – due April 30, 2021. All majors interested in the
hospitality industry are invited to apply. SLAHA will award up to ten (10) $2,500 scholarships. Details and how to apply.
- Angus Foundation Commercial Cattlemen Scholarship – due May 1, 2021. Applications are open for the Angus Foundation’s Commercial Cattlemen Scholarship program: angus.org/Foundation/WhatWeDo/Youth/CommercialCattlemen.aspx. Applicants should be from a commercial cattle background where they or their family use registered Angus sires or dams. Additional, separate scholarships are available for students from a registered Angus seedstock background which can be found by visiting angusfoundation.org.
- Six Tips for Winning Scholarships from FFA
- Check into scholarships offered by your parents’ employers, civic clubs (such as Elks Club) or electric cooperatives.
- MU student financial aid external scholarship resources