Point of Pride
of 2019-21 NEP graduates employed or continuing education within six months of graduation
Focus your studies on the many influences of nutrition and physical activity on human health, performance and disease. Demand for graduates with such training is expected to grow as rates of conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and cancer continue to rise in the United States. Students learn and gain confidence through a unique “see-do-teach” method used across their classes.
- Medical/Dental/Physician Assistant School
- Corporate Wellness
- Community Health Programs
- Personal/Athletic Training
- Physical or Occupational Therapy School
CLASSES YOU MIGHT TAKE
- Sports Performance and Conditioning
- Human Nutrition
- Exercise is Medicine
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Physical Activity Throughout the Lifespan
Learn about the full curriculum.
- Four-year plan for Emphasis in Human Physiology and Translational Sciences
- Four-year plan for Emphasis in Nutrition and Foods
- Four-year plan for Physical Activity, Nutrition and Human Performance
NEP has study abroad programs that explore the cultural aspects of a healthy lifestyle. Programs focus on “blue zones,” such as Italy, which are geographic regions with a higher than usual number of people living to be 100 years of age or older.
INTERNSHIPS & EMPLOYMENT
Focus on Health • Mallinkrodt Pharmaceuticals • Gastroenterology of the Rockies • Integrated Wellness Partners • Overland Park Regional Medical Center • University of Missouri Health Care