About the Program
The Agribusiness Career Connections program was founded in 2016 and its inaugural program took place in Colorado where 26 students visited JBS, Inc. and learned more about the career opportunities available with JBS throughout the United States.
In 2017, 22 CAFNR students visited Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) at its facilities in Chicago, Decatur, and St. Louis, MO. Students were able to connect with executives and staff at these three locations and learn about potential career options available to them through ADM.
- To connect CAFNR undergraduate students with major agribusinesses within the Midwest
- To introduce students to a wide variety of career opportunities available to them with these employers
- To help students develop a stronger network of business contacts within the Midwest agribusiness community
- To promote teamwork among participants and explore cultural sites of interest during the program
- The program is sponsored, in part, by the John Brown Scholars Fund
- The Agribusiness program is open to all CAFNR sophomores, juniors and seniors. The program covers group transportation, hotel, entrance fees and most meals, and offers the opportunity to learn more about these employers in 2019: Tyson Foods, Simmons Foods and Schrieber Foods.
- Apply online by Oct. 25, 2019.
- Program runs Nov. 24-26, 2019.