Graduation Ceremonies

Visit Commencement for up-to-date details on ceremonies.

Natural Resources Ceremony
Friday, Dec. 15, 2017
6:30 p.m. in Jesse Auditorium

CAFNR Ceremony
Saturday, Dec. 16, 2017
4 p.m. in the Hearnes Center

  • Students planning to complete degree(s) in CAFNR and graduate this fall (December) semester, need to complete the following application:  **Please note that students graduating in Natural Resources have a separate application process and ceremony.  Please contact your advisor for more information.**
  • For more information regarding CAFNR graduation, please click through this PowerPoint: Graduation Information FS17.
  • Graduating Seniors: Please complete the December 2017 Outcomes Survey. If you complete the survey before Dec. 16, you will not be asked to complete it at the graduation ceremony.  Survey results are tied to state funding and the information is used to help recruit students to CAFNR. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

CAFNR Ceremony FAQ

Graduation ceremony

  • Saturday, Dec. 16, starting at 4 p.m.
    • The ceremony typically lasts 2 hours.
      • There is a cookie and punch reception following and you can stay as long as you’d like.
    • You can sit in any order, within your major.
    • Your name will only be called if you attend the ceremony.
  • You will line up in the Fieldhouse by 3:15 p.m.
  • Your family and friends can go directly to the Hearnes Center.
    • You do not need tickets.
    • Parking is first come, first park.
  • Your family will not be allowed on the floor to take pictures during the ceremony. There will be professional photographers that will take pictures of you receiving your diploma cover.
    • They are also taking candid pictures before and after the ceremony. If you want candid pictures, make sure to contact someone in a red vest, they will get your picture taken.

Honors cords

  • The Office of Academic Programs will email you about a week before the ceremony to pick up your honors cords.
  • You will be invited to the Honors convocation – this is another ceremony and you can choose which one(s) you go to.

Course Program for Graduation

Submit an official course program for graduation for approval when you have completed 75 credit hours. Turn the form in earlier, if possible, to eliminate problems of meeting all the requirements for a B.S. degree from the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources.

Once you have 75 hours, a “hold” will be placed on your registration, preventing you from future enrollment until you submit the program to the associate dean for approval.

The graduation program must be signed by you, your adviser and the departmental adviser chair before it can be evaluated and approved by the dean. Upon approval of this form, you and your adviser will be mailed a copy with the dean’s approval or returned with a note of changes made. If there are any problems identified, you and your advisor will be notified via email. Before graduation, a degree check will be done and a copy of the degree check form with any possible problems will be emailed to you and your adviser.

Honors Programs

Honors programs must be signed by you, the committee and the department honors coordinator before it can be evaluated and approved by the dean.

Changes in Graduation

If you take courses other than those listed on your program for graduation, submit a graduation change form.

Programs should be kept up-to-date. Do not wait until the last semester to make changes. Upon approval of this form, the adviser will be mailed a copy with the dean’s approval, or the form will be returned with a note of changes made.

Dual Degree Programs

You must submit a course program for graduation from each department signed by the individual advisers prior to your last semester. You also need an adviser in both departments in which you wish to receive a degree and must inform the dean’s office about this arrangement and who the adviser is to be in the secondary department.