Good Standing: A student whose term and cumulative grade point average are 2.0 or higher is in regular academic standing.
Probation: A student whose cumulative grade point average is below a 2.0 or whose term grade point average falls below a 2.0 but is above a 1.5 is placed on academic probation. Following one semester on academic probation, a student who does not meet the requirements for good standing will be placed on continued probation.
Suspension: A student whose cumulative grade point average falls below a 2.0 and whose term grade point average falls below 1.5 is eligible for suspension and cannot enroll for one academic term.
Ineligible to re-enroll: May occur for one of two reasons –
- A student, regardless of prior standing, whose term grade point average falls below 1.0 will become ineligible to re-enroll for one calendar year.
- A student on academic probation must establish a 2.0 cumulative grade point average within two successive terms of enrollment; otherwise, the student is ineligible to re-enroll for one calendar year.
Additional Academic Standing Information:
- Application of the foregoing rules apply regardless of term hours completed.
- The Associate Dean of Academic Programs will determine how an in-progress or incomplete grade in a course will be considered in determining a student’s academic standing.
- The Associate Dean of Academic Programs has final authority in decisions regarding academic standing for undergraduate students.
Appeal of Suspension/Ineligible to Re-enroll Process:
- A student may appeal their suspension/ineligible to re-enroll by submitting a detailed letter and supporting documents to the Associate Dean of Academic Programs.
- A student who has been suspended or ineligible to re-enroll may be readmitted only upon the approval of the Associate Dean of Academic Programs. As a condition of readmission, the Associate Dean may set forth stipulations with regard to minimum standards of academic performance. If the student, after being approved for readmission, again becomes suspended or ineligible to re-enroll, the student’s ineligibility is normally considered permanent.
- The Associate Dean of Academic Programs may, in extenuating circumstances, waive regulations governing eligibility to re-enroll.
Registration Process for Students Not in Good Standing: A student on probation, continued probation, or final probation will be required to use the CAFNR Registration Form. This process must be completed every time a student wishes to make a change to his/her schedule, whether for the current or future semesters.