Outstanding Teaching Award Criteria
Nomination packets must be submitted by
5 p.m., March 1, 2019, to:
Office of the Vice Chancellor and Dean
2-69 Agriculture Building
Attn: James Hundle
Nomination packets must include a nomination form signed by the nominator with the following items attached:
- A one-page biography and/or curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- Nominee’s “philosophy of teaching and learning.”
- Three to five letters of support:
- Including a letter from the nominator that, using nontechnical language in one page or less, clearly describes the most important aspect(s) of the nominee's achievements/contributions/activities that qualify him/her for this award and summarizes prior recognition nominee has received.
- At least one letter from a student.
- A table summarizing numerical student evaluations for all classes taught in the past three years.
- A summary of written comments from student evaluations (one page or less) for all classes taught in the past three years.
- Peer evaluations of classroom/laboratory instruction.
Notes: Incomplete or late nominations will not be reviewed.
All nominees not receiving award recognition this year will be held for consideration for the following year's award.
Persons who have won the award or a distinguished campus award (e.g. Kemper) previously are not eligible for the award.