Distinguished Research Awards
Nominees for the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources distinguished researcher award have demonstrated excellence in research performance, national or international recognition and/or special contributions to research team efforts. CAFNR faculty members on regular or nonregular appointments are eligible for this award.
Distinguished research nominees must have outside letters attesting to their research strengths and impact on their chosen field and a summary statement addressing their research accomplishments and qualifications for this award.
RecipientsPrevious award recipients are:
|2015||Steven Van Doren|
|2004||Edward H. Coe, Jr.|
Nomination packets must be submitted by 5 p.m., March 1, 2019, to:
Office of the Vice Chancellor and Dean
2-69 Agriculture Building
Attn: James Hundle
- Using nontechnical language, in one page or less, clearly describe the most important aspect(s) of the nominee's achievements/contributions/activities that qualify him/her for this award.
- Summarize prior recognition the nominee has received for both work and public service.
- Describe the qualities of the nominee's program that characterize excellence and impact.
- Other nominee contributions and achievements the selection committee should know about.
Completed Nomination Packets Must Include:
- The nomination form signed by the nominator; the above criteria items attached.
- A one-page biography and/or curriculum vitae.
- Minimum of three support letters.
- Newspaper articles or other pertinent materials may be included.
Note: Incomplete or late nominations will not be reviewed.