J.W. Burch State Specialist
Agricultural Extension Award
James W. Burch was the director of the University of Missouri's agricultural extension service for 20 years, leaving a legacy of continuing education at MU. He received a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture in 1916 and a Master of Science in 1931.
In memory of her husband, Edna Burch, a longtime MU contributor, donated a charitable remainder trust in 1987. She remembered her husband as a man who, professionally, "thought of nothing but the farmer and what he could do to help him."
The J. W. Burch Award for exceptional extension program leadership recognizes state specialists for their effectiveness of program leadership with field staff, quality of extension publications, presentations and other educational materials, and recognition by state and national peers for their program quality.
Previous award recipients are:
|2012||William Justin Sexten|
|2005||Marcia Carlson Shannon|
Nomination packets must be submitted by 5 p.m., March 3, 2017, to:
Office of the Vice Chancellor and Dean
2-69 Agriculture Building
Attn: James Hundle
- One page or less, clearly describe the most important aspect(s) of the nomineeпїЅs achievements/contributions/activities that qualify him/her for this award.
- Summarize prior recognition nominee has received for both work and public service.
- Describe the qualities and achievements that characterize excellence and impact.
- Other nominee contributions and achievements the selection committee should know about.
Completed Nomination Packets Must Include:
- The nomination form signed by the nominator; the above criteria items attached.
- A one-page biography and/or curriculum vitae.
- Minimum of three support letters.
- A recent photo.
- Newspaper articles or other pertinent materials may be included.
Note: Incomplete or late nominations will not be reviewed.