Early Investigator Research Awards
Nominees for the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources early career research award have demonstrated excellence in research performance that indicates a trajectory toward national or international recognition through individual research or contributions to research team efforts. CAFNR faculty members with regular or non-regular appointments who hold a professorial title below the rank of professor are eligible for this award. Submission of the nomination must occur with ten years of the date on the nominee's terminal degree.
Early career research award nominees must have outside letters attesting to their research accomplishments and their potential to become leaders in their chosen field and a summary statement addressing their research accomplishments and qualifications for this award.
Nomination packets must be submitted by 5 p.m., March 1, 2019, to:
Office of the Vice Chancellor and Dean
2-69 Agriculture Building
Attn: James Hundle
- Using nontechnical language, in one page or less, clearly describe the most important aspect(s) of the nominee's achievements/contributions/activities that qualify him/her for recognition as an outstanding early career investigator.
- Summarize the early career research achievements of the nominee and his/her potential to be a disciplinary leader.
- Describe the qualities of the nominee's program that characterize excellence and impact.
- Other nominee contributions and achievements the selection committee should know about.
Completed Nomination Packets Must Include:
- The nomination form signed by the nominator; the above criteria items attached.
- A one-page biography and/or curriculum vitae.
- Minimum of three support letters.
- Newspaper articles or other pertinent materials may be included.
Note: Incomplete or late nominations will not be reviewed.