Outstanding Advisor Awards Criteria
Nomination packets must be submitted by
5 p.m., March 3, 2017, to:
Office of the Vice Chancellor and Dean
2-69 Agriculture Building
Attn: James Hundle
Nomination packets must include a nomination form signed by the nominator with the following items attached:
- A one-page biography and/or curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- Nominee's evidence of excellence and impact on student success, including number of advisees or research mentees (one page or less).
- Three to five letters of support:
- Including a letter from the nominator that, in one page or less, clearly describes how the nominee is involved in the advising of students, examples of specific characteristics that qualify this person for the award, and contributions that the nominee has made to individual student growth and development.
- At least one letter from a current or former student (either undergraduate or graduate, depending on award).
- For the outstanding undergraduate academic advisor ONLY: A table summarizing numerical advisor evaluations in comparison to department and college averages.
Notes: Incomplete or late nominations will not be reviewed.
All nominees not receiving award recognition this year will be held for consideration for the following year's award.
Persons who have won the award or its equivalent previously are not eligible for the award.