Resume example (PDF)
3 steps for writing your resume:
Top 10 Tips
- Include key words for the position or industry you seek. Employers use key word searches in queries of their resume databases.
- Be honest. Stick to the facts.
- Avoid abbreviations.
- Appearance is important. White space, font, headings…all matter.
- Your most impressive information should be at the top.
- Never state salary history or requirements.
- Don’t forget your name, phone number, appropriate e-mail and web page/LinkedIn profile.
- Personal information such as age, marital status, ID number, height and weight should not be included. Do not send a picture unless the job requires it.
- References go on a separate page.
- Critique your final resume and critique it again. Ask your friends, people in your field, and Career Services to review your resume. Your resume has to be perfect with no mistakes!