Enhance Your Degree & Career Opportunities
Academic Success Checklist
- Choose the emphasis or focus area in which I am most interested.
- Submit an official graduation plan (aka course program for graduation). Must be completed once I have earned 75 credit hours. (See my advisor for a template specific to my degree program.)
- Identify minors or certificates of interest. CAFNR minors can be found here. Other MU minors and certificates can be found here. To apply for a CAFNR minor, please completed the online application.
- Determine courses and opportunities to add value to my degree. Options include, but are not limited to: Student Organizations, Study Abroad, Research, Internships, Part-time Employment, Graduate Programs and Honors Programs.
- Complete the returning student scholarship application and FAFSA to be eligible for financial aid and need-based scholarships.
Career Building Checklist
- Build my network by continuing to attend the career fairs, employer panels, etc. View events on Handshake.
- Continue my involvement in student organizations. Take on leadership role(s).
- Update resume and LinkedIn account with experiences gained over the semester or over break.
- Schedule a mock interview with CAFNR Career Services via MU Connect to improve my interviewing skills.
- Research potential employers on Handshake.
- Identify and contact faculty or staff to write letters of recommendation.
- Apply for summer internships and/or undergraduate research opportunities.
- Sign up for on-campus interviews.
- Begin to consider options for graduation: graduate school, military service or full-time employment.
- Develop an effective job search strategy.
- Make contact with potential grad school mentors.