This award honors Roger L. Mitchell, a former dean of the MU College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, by recognizing those who elevate the College through collaboration and innovative thinking.
A fellowship will be awarded annually to a ranked CAFNR faculty member to recognize academic excellence and leadership in one or more areas of the College’s core mission of outreach, research and teaching.
Nominations & Submissions
Annual Deadline: March 1
Submit nominations in a single PDF attachment via email to Teresa Davis at DavisTL@missouri.edu. Name the file as: Year_Mitchell_LastFirstName (e.g., 2022_Mitchell_TigerTruman). In the email subject line indicate Roger L. Mitchell Fellow Nomination.
- Unsuccessful nominations may be updated and resubmitted in successive years.
- Use 12 pt. font, 1” margins, and single space within paragraphs.
Nomination packets must include:
- Nomination/cover letter providing examples of specific accomplishments and significant awards that qualify the person for this award (limited to one page).
- Nominee’s faculty rank (professor, associate professor, or assistant professor) and Division.
- Nominee’s resume/curriculum vitae (limited to four pages and the last five years).
Questions? Contact Office of the Vice Chancellor and Dean at 573-882-3752.