Distinguished Research Award: Faculty with six or more years of research experience at the college level (combined at MU or elsewhere) and demonstrating international recognition.
Early Investigator Research Award: Faculty with less than six years of research experience at the college level (combined at MU or elsewhere) and demonstrating a trajectory towards national recognition.
Awards are based on five criteria:
- CAFNR faculty members with tenure-track or professional-track appointments who hold a title below the rank of professor with less than six years of research experience and within 10 years of their terminal degree will be eligible for the early investigator research award
- CAFNR faculty members with tenure-track or professional-track appointments who hold the rank of professor will be eligible for the Disguised Research Award
- Demonstrated excellence in research performance through research funding, scholarly publications and graduate student mentoring
- A career trajectory toward national (for early investigator research award) or international recognition (for distinguished research award) through individual research or contributions to research team efforts.
- Individuals who have previously received the award or a distinguished campus award (e.g., Provost Junior Faculty Research and Creative Award) are not eligible.
Nominations & Submissions
Annual Deadline: March 1
Submit nominations in a single PDF attachment via email to Rhonda Turner at TurnerRh@missouri.edu. Name the file as: Year_Research_LastFirstName (e.g., 2022_Research_TigerTruman). In the email subject line indicate Early Investigator Research Nomination or Distinguished Research Award
- Unsuccessful nominations may be updated and resubmitted in successive years.
- Use 12 pt. font, 1” margins, and single space within paragraphs.
Nomination packets must include:
- Nomination/Cover Letter that describes, using nontechnical language, the nominees outstanding contributions in research, demonstrated evidence of achievements, contributions, and/or activities that qualify them for recognition as an outstanding early career investigator or distinguished researcher (limited to one page).
- A summary of the research achievements of the nominee and their potential to be a disciplinary national (early investigator) and international leader (distinguished researcher). Include the qualities of the nominee’s program that characterize excellence and impact as well as other contributions and achievements (limited to two pages).
- Supporting letters (limited to three) from external and internal colleagues and collaborators (each letter is limited to one page).
- Biography and/or curriculum vitae (limit to two pages).
- News releases or other pertinent materials may be included.
Please contact CAFNR’s Office of Research at 573-882-7488 with any questions.