This award recognizes a College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources faculty member for a sustained record of excellence in teaching, research and/or Extension/outreach.
The awardee will demonstrate enthusiasm for and excellence in teaching, be a caring mentor and viewed as an exemplary educator by both students and faculty.
The awardee will be recognized both on campus and externally for the quality and value of their research. This person will be successful with grants, conduct interdisciplinary research, and contribute to the growth of knowledge and betterment of society in Missouri and beyond.
In Extension/outreach, the awardee will be recognized for innovation, program excellence and effectiveness, and be an outstanding communicator who collaborates with field faculty in program delivery.
Full-time faculty members who have been employed by the College for at least five years may be nominated. Selection is based upon the quality and evidence of outstanding abilities, performance, character, and commitment to the land-grant philosophy.
Nominations & Submissions
Annual Deadline: March 1
Submit nominations in a single PDF attachment via email to Teresa Davis at DavisTL@missouri.edu. Name the file as: Year_Mumford_LastFirstName (e.g., 2022_Mumford_TigerTruman). In the email subject line indicate Mumford Faculty Award Nomination.
- Unsuccessful nominations may be updated and resubmitted in successive years.
- Use 12 pt. font, 1” margins, and single space within paragraphs.
Nomination packets must include:
- Nomination/cover letter providing examples of specific characteristics that qualify the person for this award (limited to one page).
- Supporting letters (limited to four) that describe how the nominee’s teaching, research and/or Extension/outreach reflects the concept of science and education in service to the public as embodied in the land-grant philosophy and mission of the College (each letter limited to one page).
- Nominee’s resume/curriculum vitae (limited to four pages and the last five years).
Questions? Contact the Office of the Vice Chancellor and Dean at 573-882-3752.