The award recognizes an alumnus or friend of the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources who has contributed to the College through their support and involvement in the betterment of the College and its programs. The awardee will be a leader in their chosen field, and recognized by peers for excellence in their actions and leadership. The awardee will demonstrate commitment to helping the College achieve its goals of excellence in teaching, research and Extension/outreach.
Selection is based upon the quality and evidence of outstanding abilities, performance, character and commitment to the land-grant philosophy.
Nominations & Submissions
Annual Deadline: March 1
Submit nominations in a single PDF attachment via email to Teresa Davis at DavisTL@missouri.edu. Name the file as: Year_Mumford_LastFirstName (e.g., 2022_Mumford_TigerTruman). In the email subject line indicate Mumford Distinguish Service Award Nomination.
- Unsuccessful nominations may be updated and resubmitted in successive years.
- Use 12 pt. font, 1” margins, and single space within paragraphs.
Nomination packets must include:
- Nomination/Cover Letter providing examples of specific characteristics that qualify this person for the award (limited to one page).
- A summary describing the nominee’s contributions to the College and its programs, and to the broader community (limited to one page).
- Supporting letters (limited to four) that describe the nominee’s abilities, performance, character and commitment to the land-grant philosophy (each letter is limited to one page).
Questions? Contact the Office of the Vice Chancellor and Dean at 573-882-3752.