The J. W. Burch Award for exceptional extension program leadership recognizes state specialists for their effectiveness of program leadership with field staff, quality of extension publications, presentations and other educational materials, and recognition by state and national peers for their program quality.
Nominations & Submissions
Annual Deadline: March 1
Submit nominations in a single PDF attachment via email to the CAFNR Office of Extension.
Name the file as: Year_Extension_LastFirstName (e.g., 2022_Extension_TigerTruman). In the email subject line indicate Burch Extension Award Nomination.
- Unsuccessful nominations may be updated and resubmitted in successive years.
- Submissions should use 12 pt. font, 1” margins, and single space within paragraphs.
Nomination should include:
- Nomination/Cover Letter that describes the most important aspect(s) of the nominee’s outstanding contributions in Extension programming, demonstrated evidence of achievements, contributions, and/or activities that qualify the specialist for this award. Include a description of the qualities and achievements that characterize excellent and impact (limited to one page).
- Supporting letters (limited to three) from external and internal colleagues and collaborators (each letter is limited to one page).
- Biography and/or curriculum vitae (limit to one page).
- News releases or other pertinent materials may be included, but please limit to three items.
Please contact CAFNR’s Office of Extension with any questions.