The MU Ag 100 Endowment Fund has become a tradition at Mizzou. The funds raised annually by the MU Ag Alumni board have supported numerous students through scholarships and professional development programs and clubs since the establishment of the MU Ag 100 Endowment Fund in 1994. As of June 2017, more than $240,000 has been awarded by the Association in the form of scholarships and more than $25,000 annually has been awarded to CAFNR organizations and departments.
The fund seeks support from CAFNR alumni with an annual request of a $100 contribution. The annual contributions added together with proceeds from the Tiger Ag Classic and CAFNR Ag Unlimited allowed for thirty $2,000 scholarships to be awarded this academic year (2017-2018) and over $27,000 for student clubs and organizations and classroom improvements.
The money is awarded to help benefit CAFNR, specifically the students. Money can be awarded for student scholarships, classroom program support, equipment improvement, facility and laboratory enhancement, or any other program deemed deserving by the Ag Alumni board of directors.
The primary objectives of the Ag 100 Endowment are: to support CAFNR, support the greatest number of current CAFNR students, enhance classroom learning experiences, support recruitment and retention of CAFNR students and to fund scholarships for the largest number of CAFNR undergraduates. The Ag Alumni Association is dedicated to impacting the greatest number of students.
Join us today by making a gift of any size to the MU Ag 100 Endowment Fund!
During the 2016-2017 academic year, the Ag Alumni Association provided $50,000 in scholarships and $27,000 in funding for CAFNR students, faculty and organizations. Recent programs funded include:
- CAFNR Career Services: Post-career fair faculty and employer receptions
- CAFNR Marketing and Communications: iModules alumni content management system used to help connect alumni and students via email updates and more
- CAFNR Academic Programs: Summer Welcome student books given to all CAFNR freshmen and transfer students; CAFNR Career Connection Days that facilitate hands-on learning about the college for high school students
- MU Extension: FFA Ag Science Days at the Hundley-Whaley Center in Albany, Mo.
- Ag Econ Department: MU NAMA organization travel to various conferences and hosting events on campus
- Ag Systems Management: MU Quarter Scale Tractor Pulling Team for testing facilities at MU’s South Farm and general purpose use
- Mizzou Association of Venue Managers: Attending the Sport, Entertainment, and Venues Tomorrow Conference
- Mizzou Collegiate Cattlewomen: Attending the NCBA Convention and Trade Show
- Mizzou Special Events Society: Travel to the Chicago Networking Trip
- MU Dairy Product Evaluation Team: Travel to the Regional and National Dairy Products Evaluation Competition
- Club Managers Association of America: Travel to the National Student Education Conference and the World Conference on Club Management
- Biochemistry Mentoring Program: Help students within the department find additional career and learning opportunities
- Ag Econ Quiz Bowl Team: Travel to the Academic Quiz Bowl Competition at the Southern Agricultural Economics Meeting in San Antonio, Texas
- Ag Education Department: Taste of Kansas City event held at the annual American Association for Agricultural Education Conference
- Mizzou Ag Alumni Association: Support the CAFNR True Tigers program, an extension of MAA True Tigers
- Science and Agricultural Journalism Department: 2016 ACLT Annual Trivia Night
- Food Science Association: Food Science Association smoked turkey processing fundraiser
Each group receiving funds from the endowment is asked to provide a summary of the program and expenditure of funds by August 31st of the following year.
The endowment funds are financially managed through the Mizzou Development Office.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Dana Brown Haynes, 573-882-7774 or email@example.com.