Plant science graduate students have received a variety of recent awards.
The American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America and the Soil Science Society of America honored MU Plant Sciences graduate students at the society meeting, Nov. 10-13 in San Antonio.
Those receiving awards included:
- Savannah Burnett, master’s student, placed second for her poster presentation and received fifth place for an oral presentation
- Caio Canella, master’s student, was honored with first place in the C1 poster competition
- Stirling Stewart, master’s student, earned second place in the first-ever Share Your Science by Video competition
The Entomological Society of America honored the following Division of Plant Sciences students at a society meeting Nov. 17-20 in St. Louis:
- Jess Kansman, doctoral student, received first place and the President’s Prize for an oral presentation
- Katie LaPlante, doctoral student, placed second and received the President’s Prize for an oral presentation