We imagine a healthy world.
The College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources’ (CAFNR) food for life philosophy cultivates this world through visionary and transformative solutions for the environment, food systems, economies and communities.
To strive toward a healthy world, we are dedicated to…
Preparing students for a complex, interconnected planet.
To thrive in tomorrow’s society, students must be adaptable learners and informed citizens to make purposeful contributions in the world. CAFNR provides these opportunities through exceptional experiential and practical learning experiences based on cuttingedge science and through communicating and engaging with people and the community.
Discovering and disseminating new knowledge.
Through research and scholarly endeavors, CAFNR discovers and disseminates new scientific information and innovations through both traditional and contemporary approaches to reach the broadest audiences.
Developing human and community potential.
CAFNR’s ultimate vision is to create a healthy world including improving socioeconomic status, self-esteem, well-being and leadership abilities. We are dedicated to providing educational opportunities and science-based information to the public to meet grand challenges. CAFNR’s programs examine how research, education and public policy in agriculture and natural resources affect individuals and their communities.
Enhancing the sustainable application of agriculture and natural resources.
Food, feed, fuel and fiber generation depend on the efficient and sustained use of soil, water and air. CAFNR improves the management and conservation of Missouri’s agricultural and natural resources that affect human welfare through education, research and service. We share best practices beyond our borders to create a healthy world.
Contributing to our land-grantmission through entrepreneurial impact and economic development.
CAFNR’s programs teach, partner and empower Missouri’s citizens to use technology and innovative thinking to bring value-added products and services that increase the market value of food, feed, fuel and fiber products.
To cultivate a healthy world, we believe in…
• Passionately caring by bringing conscientious initiative and effort to the well-being of our community through efforts in education, research and engagement.
• Responsively innovating by creating new solutions where a real need has been identified.
• Being consistently trusted by continuously working to be the reliable source of respected teaching, research and engagement.
• Collaboratively accomplishing by striving to achieve our strategic priorities with distinction as individuals as well as with our colleagues.
• Being respectfully open-minded by being inquisitive and pursuing with integrity those solutions that best serve all people while creating a healthy world.
Statement of Nondiscrimination
CAFNR follows the University’s policy of nondiscrimination. The University of Missouri does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.