Mizzou and CAFNR mean many things to many different people. A caring college catapulting its students to career and life success. A supportive workplace for faculty and staff. Home to life-long memories and friendships for alumni.
Whatever CAFNR has meant to you over the years, we encourage you to show your appreciation on March 13-14 as part of Mizzou Giving Day 2019. There are many ways to express gratitude for your CAFNR experience as part of the event.
Show your Tiger spirit! Use the hashtag #MizzouGivingDay on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to show your support. You can also participate in these social media challenges for the chance to earn bonus money for the program of your choice:
- Throwback Challenge: 12 noon, Wednesday, March 13. Post a photo that takes you back to a Mizzou memory.
- Find the Tiger Student Challenge: 1 p.m., Wednesday, March 13. Stuffed tigers will be hidden around campus and hints will be posted throughout the day as to their location. (Open to students only.)
- If You Could Ask Dr. George Smith Anything… Challenge: 2 p.m., Wednesday, March 13. Post a question you’d like to ask Mizzou’s Nobel Prize winner. Dr. Smith will answer the winning question.
- Mizzou Pets Challenge: 4 p.m., Wednesday, March 13. Post a photo of your pet in their best MU gear.
- Show Your Stripes Challenge: 8 a.m., Thursday, March 14. Wear black and gold to show your Mizzou spirit, and share a photo of you and/or your Mizzou-decorated office, home, car, etc.
Enter challenges by commenting on the Mizzou Facebook post; replying to the Tweet; and/or posting to your Instagram story using #MizzouGivingDay and tagging @Mizzou. Winners of these challenges, as selected by Mizzou Central Advancement, will earn bonus money for the unit or program of their choice. Challenges run from the time they are announced, until 11 a.m. Thursday, March 14.
If you are able, give back to CAFNR in the area where you had your most inspiring experience. Did you receive a scholarship that made your college journey possible? Was it a professor who pointed you toward your career path? An adviser who helped you through a tough time? Whatever your experience, you can give back in that area. Consider a gift amount that also honors your time at Mizzou – or away from Mizzou! We encourage alumni to consider giving the dollar amount that corresponds to the number of years you’ve been out of school, or the number of your graduation year. CAFNR faculty and staff members can consider giving the number of years they have worked at MU. We also encourage you to share your story in the Comments section of the website when making your gift – tell us what CAFNR means to you and why CAFNR matters!
Share Mizzou Giving Day posts on your social media, and include your personal story of what CAFNR and Mizzou mean to you so others can see what makes our college so special!
Learn more at givingday.missouri.edu, and mark your calendar to show your support to CAFNR and the University of Missouri Wednesday, March 13, and Thursday, March 14.