Students: CAFNR Connections Mentor Questions
This list is designed to help you think of possibilities. Tailor your questions to your interests!
- What education, skills and experiences are needed to enter your profession?
- Is there a preferred major for this job?
- What classes do you think would be most helpful?
- Do you have any suggestions for internships, part-time jobs or campus and community activities that would enhance my ability to get a job like yours?
- What is the application process like? How would I go about getting a job in this field?
- What is a typical day at work like?
- What do you like best about what you do?
- What are the challenges?
- Is there anything about your job that you really dislike?
- What types of employers would hire a person with your job title?
- How is the job market in your field right now? Do you expect changes in the near future?
- What is the turnover rate in your field?
- What is a typical starting salary?
- Are promotions frequent? How is someone in your field evaluated for promotion? What is the highest level to which you could be promoted?
- Are there professional associations connected to your field? Would you recommend joining any of them as a student?
- What advice do you have for me?
- Can I contact you in the future if I have other questions?